(by the School Violence Prevention Education Support Center)
Dear HIS Parents,
We have received a newsletter to parents for the prevention of school violence (2022 Vol. 01) issued by the School Violence Prevention Education Support Center in the Korean Youth Policy Institute. Because it is written in Korean, we provide the main information from it in English below.
Recent types of cyberbullying
- Cyber verbal abuse : Slandering or posting malicious comments, swear words, etc. in chat rooms, bulletin boards, and the like
- Cyberbullying : Not allowing a particular person to participate in a conversation or to leave a chat room, etc.
- Cyber extortion : Extorting cyber/game money, forcing another student to turn his/her mobile phone into a hotspot for wireless internet use, etc.
- Distribution of cyber images : Transmitting and distributing another student’s private photos, videos, etc. using information and communication networks without his/her consent
Measures to protect your child from cyberbullying
Help your child to do the following:
- When posting in cyberspace, think carefully.
- Try to control your emotions in cyberspace.
- If you are subject to cyberbullying or find somebody being cyberbullied, notify your guardian (parents, teachers).
- Protect your personal information and abide by safety rules in cyberspace.
(2022.06.17.) [전체 가정통신문] 학교폭력 예방을 위한 학부모 소식지 (2022_01) Newsletter to Parents for School Violence Prevention (2022_01)다운로드
June 17, 2022