How to Apply
At Handong International School, our educational philosophy is to nurture students to become Kingdom agents through Biblically based academic, character and global education. Those who are eager to develop their potential in a global and Christian environment are encouraged to apply.
Both the parent(s) and student must be Protestant Christians and consent to the educational philosophy of the school.
- Elementary School (Grades 1-6)
· The student must live with at least one parent and be able to commute to school.
· The student must be capable of coping with HIS elementary education.
- Middle School (Grades 7-9)
· The student must live with at least one parent or grandparent and be able to commute to school.
· The student must have graduated from elementary school or have received education that is legally equivalent.
· The student must be capable of coping with HIS middle school education.
※ Middle schoolers may be admitted to the dormitory, with missionary children and ninth graders receiving priority. 7th and 8th graders may be admitted if there is availability.
- High School (Grades 10-12)
· The student must live with at least one parent or grandparent and be able to commute to school OR live in the dormitory.
· The student must have graduated from middle school or have received education that is legally equivalent.
· The student must be capable of coping with HIS high school education.
- Special Admission (Children of missionaries & HGU Foundation employees)
A. Missionary Kids
· Both parents must be full-time missionaries, residing outside Korea.
· If currently on sabbatical, parents must have completed at least 3 years of mission work, with the sabbatical period not exceeding 1 year.
· The student meets other eligibility requirements listed above.
B. Handong Kids
· A parent is a full-time faculty member (tenure track or non-tenured) of the Handong Global University Foundation OR
· A parent is a full-time employee (long-term or temporary contract), teaching assistant, or researcher employed by the Handong Global University Foundation for at least 2 years.
· The student must meet the same requirements listed above.
1. The application is available online during the application period. (Application)
2. Required Documents
· Online Application
– Application Form
– Student Personal Statement
– HIS Education Agreement
– Parents Self-Introduction
– Medical Information
– Personal Information Agreement
· School Records a
· Certificate of Enrollment or Graduation Certificate b
· Special Admissions :
– Missionary Kids: Missionary Dispatch Certificate or Certificate of Missionary Employment
– Handong Kids: Certificate of Employment from HGU Foundation
· Recommendation Forms: :
– Homeroom Teacher Recommendation
– Pastor Recommendation for Student
– Pastor Recommendation for Parents
– Missionary Kids: Missionary Organization Recommendation and Missionary Supporting Church Recommendation
a. If the applicant last attended school overseas, please include the most recent official school records from Korea as well as a Certificate of Enrollment (including dates enrolled) and transcripts for all overseas schools.
b. Documents issued abroad must have an Apostille or be notarized by the Korean Embassy. (Exceptions include foreign schools recognized by the Korean Ministry of Education.)
※ After final acceptance, original copies of official school records (transcripts) and certificate of enrollment (or certificate of graduation) must be submitted to the admissions office by the requested deadline. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of admission.
3. Application Fee
· Application Fee: 200,000 KRW
· Account :
– (Elementary)IBK 158-081297-01-030 (Account Holder: 한동글로벌학교)
– (Middle and high school)IBK 158-081297-01-047 (Account Holder: 한동글로벌학교)
· Deadline: Within the application period
· Name of payment: When making the transfer please include the grade being applied for and name of applicant (ex, 7 Handong Kim)
Those who pass the application stage then may move on to the entrance exam and student and parent interviews.
- Elementary: English
- Middle & High: Korean, English, Math
- Elementary: Student Interview (except grade 1), Student Social Skills Assessment, Parent Interview
- Middle & High: Student Interview, Parent Interview
After final results are announced, accepted applicants have seven days to register and pay entrance fees, first semester tuition, and dormitory fees.
Exam & Interview
1st Sem Regular
1st Sem Transfer
2nd Sem Transfer